Toyota has expanded its recent recall by more than one million vehicles due to problems with fuel pumps.
The latest recall comes on the heels of one in January for 700,000 vehicles for the same issue. A total of 1.8 million Toyota and Lexus models are now subject to the recall.
At issue is that vehicles with the faulty fuel pumps could potentially stop operating if the engine fails.
While there can be a warning to drivers if the lights give a signal or the message is displayed on the instrument panel, it could also stall while driving at higher speeds.
There is a risk that these vehicles could be involved in a collision, but there are none known to have happened so far.
The new Toyota models subject to recall are as follows:
- 2013-2014 Model Year Lexus GS 350;
- 2013-2015 Model Year Lexus LS 460;
- 2014 Model Year Toyota FJ Cruiser, Lexus IS-F;
- 2014-2015 Model Year Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser; Lexus GX 460, IS 350, LX 570;
- 2015 Model Year Lexus NX 200t, RC 350;
- 2017 Model Year Lexus IS 200t, RC 200t;
- 2017-2019 Model Year Toyota Sienna; Lexus RX 350;
- 2018 Model Year Lexus GS 300;
- 2018-2019 Model Year Toyota Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Highlander, Sequoia, Tacoma, Tundra; Lexus ES 350, GS 350, IS 300, IS 350, LC 500, LC 500h, LS 500, LS 500h, RC 300, RC 350, RX 350L;
Owners of any of these vehicles should receive notification from Toyota by early May. These affected vehicles should be taken to Toyota and Lexus dealers for a free fuel pump replacement.
Contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331, Lexus at 1-800-255-3987 or go online at nhtsa.gov/recalls.
Toyota, Lexus Lemon Law Help
FREE CONSULTATION at 855-703-4186
Motorists who are grappling with ongoing problems with their Toyota, Lexus or any other vehicle, could be eligible for compensation under California and or Federal Lemon Laws.
Johnson Attorneys Group is dedicated to helping people and has served thousands of clients over the years. We handle both lemon law and personal injury cases. We helped our clients resolve their cases and we can help you.
Call us for a FREE CONSULTATION at 855-703-4186. In lemon law cases, our attorneys fees do not come out of your settlement because the manufacturer is required to pay them directly to us under California Lemon Laws. However, for personal injury claims, our fees are paid only if we obtain a settlement for you.