The vehicles affected by the recall are the 2014 Ford Fiesta, the 2013 and 2014 Ford Fusion and the 2013 to 2014 Lincoln MKZ.
The American car manufacturer states that the vehicles have a faulty pawl spring tab on the side door latch that may break. If this happens, the door will not close or may swing open while driving unexpectedly.
“This is certainly a potentially dangerous condition,” said Attorney James Johnson, a California personal injury and lemon law lawyer.
There are no known injuries or accidents resulting from this issue so far.
Ford Recalled Vehicles:
- 2014 Fiesta – Cuautitlan Assembly Plant, June 1, 2013 to Oct. 31, 2013
- 2014 Fusion – Flat Rock Assembly Plant, June 18, 2013 to Oct. 31, 2013
- 2013-14 Fusion – Hermosillo Assembly Plant, June 1, 2013 to Oct. 31, 2013
- 2013-14 Lincoln MKZ – Hermosillo Assembly Plant, June 1, 2013 to Oct. 31, 2013
The recall includes 191,432 vehicles in the United States and federalized territories, 10,996 in Canada and 8,191 in Mexico.
Ford reference number for this recall is 15S16.
The remedy for owners of these vehicles will be to have the dealership “replace all four side door latches with a more robust service door latch at no cost to the customer,” Ford said.
Lemon Law Claims Help — Call 800-235-6801
Johnson Attorneys Group is dedicated to helping people and has served thousands of clients over the years. We helped them resolve their lemon law cases and we can help you. Call us for a FREE CONSULTATION at 800-235-6801. Remember that our attorneys fees do not come out of your settlement because the manufacturer is required to pay them directly to us under California Lemon Laws.
- High Beam Headlights Triggered by Turn Signals in 2023 Ram Pickup Trucks - December 5, 2023
- Parked Jeep Wrangler 4xe SUVs Catching Fire While Charging - November 29, 2023
- Ferrari Recall Due to Fire Risk: SF90 Stradale, SF90 Spider Hybrid EV - November 9, 2023