Faulty Fuel Pump May Cause Engines to Stall, Crash Risk
A Toyota fuel pump recall announced today will add 1.5 million vehicles to recalls made earlier this year in the United States. The auto manufacturer plans to fix faulty fuel pumps because they could cause the vehicle’s engine to stall.
Given this latest news, the recall brings the total number of vehicles recalled by the Japanese auto manufacturer 5.84 million vehicles, according to Reuters. The recall affects both Toyota and Lexus brand vehicles.
Toyota Fuel Pump Recall is Widespread
Unfortunately, the recall is widespread and affects 40 vehicles in the Toyota and Lexus brands, dating to the 2013 model year.
Meanwhile, Toyota stated recently that the fuel pumps could suddenly stop working. If that happens, the vehicle may suddenly stall. Additionally, drivers may not be able to restart the engine and at high speeds there is a risk there could be a serious collision.
Finally, customers may take their vehicle to either the Toyota or the Lexus dealership to have the fuel pumps replaced at no cost.
Toyota recalled about 700,000 affected vehicles in January and later the automaker added 1.2 million more in March.
The expanded recall announced on Oct. 28th, covers:
- 2019 and 2020 RAV4
- 2013 to 2015 Lexus LS 460 and GS 350;
- 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and Lexus IS-F;
- 2014 and 2015 Toyota 4Runner and Land Cruiser;
- 2014 and 2015 Lexus GX 460, IS 350, LX 570;
- 2015 Lexus NX 200t and RC 350;
- 2017 Lexus IS 200t, RC 200t and GS 200t;
- 2017 to 2019 Toyota Highlander and Lexus GS 350;
- 2017 through 2020 Toyota Sienna and Lexus RX 350;
- 2018 and 2019 Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Lexus GS 300, GX 460, IS 300, IS 350, LS 500h, LX 570, NX 300, RC 300, RC 350;
- 2018 through 2020 Toyota Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Sequoia, Tacoma, Tundra and Lexus ES 350, LC 500, LC 500h, LS 500, RX 350L;
- 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback and Lexus UX 200.
Toyota Lemon Law Help
FREE CONSULTATION at 855-703-4186
Motorists who are grappling with ongoing problems with their Toyota, Lexus or other vehicle, could be eligible for compensation under California and or Federal Lemon Laws.
Johnson Attorneys Group is dedicated to helping people and has served thousands of clients over the years. We handle both lemon law and personal injury cases. We helped our clients resolve their cases and we can help you.
Call us for a FREE CONSULTATION at 855-703-4186. In lemon law cases, our attorneys fees do not come out of your settlement because the manufacturer is required to pay them directly to us under California Lemon Laws. However, for personal injury claims, our fees are paid only if we obtain a settlement for you.
- Owners of Jeep Wrangler Vehicles Get Buy Back from Chrysler - June 2, 2023
- 2021, 2022, 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Steering Column Recall - June 1, 2023
- Jaguar Land Rover Recalls 6,400 I-PACE Electric Vehicles - May 31, 2023